# About # History # Eula # Screenshots # FAQ # Download (616 KB) # DE EN
Update on: 17 September 2018
Suitable for Microsoft : Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7, Server 2000-2016, XP, Vista, x64/x32/x86
The Quad-Directory-Explorer makes your files and folders easy to manage, either installed or as a portable Windows program as an alternative to Microsoft's File Explorer.
Fast and easy access to your hard disks, network folders, USB-sticks, floppy disks and other storage devices.
Q-Dir is a great alternative file manager for Windows with a amazing Quadro-View technique.
Important! ► add to trusted application under Windows 10 Redstone!
You don't have to give up your usual work habits, drag 'n' drop, view types, and other standard functions of your current file manager.
No! Q-Dir gives you extra useful functions to make you happy. Save time by reducing mouse-clicks and hand movements . Q-Dir does not have to be installed and can be executed easily from any location, such as the Desktop, and can be carried on a small USB-stick or other memory device.
Q-Dir's file management is based on MS Windows Explorer, but 4x plus Explorer Tab Views and with more functionality! More and more data makes for a larger file management challenge on you Windows OS.
Q-Dir allows you to save folder combinations as a favourite to open any time. Up to 64 folder combinations can be saved in a favorite, since each of the four windows is equipped with tabs (ie 4 x 16 tabs 4 x Tree View plus 4 x Address Bar), different colors for different file types ...
Yes Q-Dir is free for company, business and private use!
The first time you start Q-Dir you will be presented with a license screen.
The program is free and the license info is only displayed the first time (per PC).
- Favourites: Quick access to your most often used folders.
- Preview filter settings: ... Change preview filter settings?
- Drag&Drop: Move files by dragging in Q-views and other Explorers.
- Clipboard: Copy / Paste between Q-views and other Explorers.
- Folder-Types: ZIP, FTP, cabinet, network, system folders, shortcuts ...
- Views: Large icons, tiles, list, detail, thumbnail (Vista: extra large symbols) .
- Export: To XLS, CSV, TXT, HTML.
- Popup Menus: Desktop, My Computer.
- Screen magnifier: Enlarge anything on the screen.
- Color Filter: Different colors for different item types (e.g. *.log;*.txt).
- Highlight-Filter: Highlight files by extension type.
- File-Filter: Allows quick and easy filtering of files.
- Columns: Edit and save displayed columns.
- Quick-Link's: For fast folder access.
- Folder-Select: Fast & flexible folder selection address-bar / desktop menu / my-computer menu /...
- Multi-INI: Q-Dir saves settings to several INI files.
- Quadro-View technique: Quad-Pumped x 16 Tabs, (-: quad core + :-).
- Tree-View: Single and quadruple.
- Preview: Allows a quick preview.
- Portable: from v2.77 Q-Dir is portable.
- Printing: from v3.77 List, Details ...
- Folder size Column: from v3.83 file and folder size Column.
- Settings transfer: from v3.83 Improved transfer for folder and view settings.
- Faster edit: from v3.86 Faster edit or rename of files.
- File association: from v3.91 Internal file association rules.
- Tree View: Auto expand folders.
- Separate tree view for each explorer list view.
- and, much more........ ;)
|# Q-Dir Versions History|
|New in version 7.18 // 17 September 2018 |
Update, due to wrong virus message, compiling or re-creating the Q-Dir.exe
Only for security reasons, even though no virus was present.
|New in version 7.17 // 16 September 2018 |
Bug fix when accessing Dropbox, OneDrive, Google Drive, ... on Windows 10, especially on x64 OS.
Some fixes in the drag-and-drop actions from the internal explorer views in Q-Dir to MS File Explorer.
Updating of the language files in Q-Dir.
|New in version 7.13 // 2 September 2018 |
Some correction in the Explorer list views and various improvements.
Update of the language files in Q-Dir.
|New in version 7.12 // 30 July 2018 |
Important improvements and optimizations for Windows 10 / MS Server 2016
General revision and update of the language files
|New in version 7.11 // 20 July 2018 |
Bugfix in the Q-Dir portable version, improvements in the 4 Explorer list views!
Some minor adjustments in Q-dir plus update of the language files.
... complete Versions History
Supported Operating Systems:
Windows 10 - Pro / Enterprise / Home,
Windows 8.1 - Enterprise / Pro,
Windows 8 - Enterprise / Pro,
Windows 7 - Enterprise / Home Basic / Home Premium / Pro / Starter / Ultimate,
Windows Vista - Enterprise / Ultimate / Business,
Windows XP - Home / Pro,
Windows Server - 2000-2008 / 2012 / 2016,
(x32/x64) - All versions of Windows.
Directories, file, organize, manage, manager, images, move, copy, delete, organize, system, disk, directory structure, documents, disk, tree, file, folder structure, structure, scan, documents, explorerListed at:
// punto-informatico.it (IT)
// clubic.com (FR)
// dinside.no (NO)
* A good file manager with an amazing Quadro-View technique for Windows.
# About # History # Eula # Screenshots # FAQ # Download (616 KB) # DE EN # Images+ # Info+